Title : Tantra
Author : Adi
Publisher : Apeejay Stya Publishing
Year : 2013
ISBN-10 : 8190863622
Pages : 344
Price : Rs. 195
The story is about Anu Agarwal bought up in New york who is a vampire hunter.She has very good reputation as a vampire hunter alias guardian in New york.
She roams around the city in the nights, near the night clubs, pubs where the vmampires exist and hunts them down. Life will be calm and as usual until her
personal life goes fo r atoss, Brian her boyfriend is killed brutally. She decides to come to the Inidan capital New delhi, for veganance, although not sure
about the person who killed brain the only clue available is the location of the killer that points out to New Delhi.
Delhi on the other had has a whole lot of things to offer. she wanders in the streets of delhi in the nights to catch a glimpse of vampires and only later
learns the fact that Delhi is very unlike New york where she used to hunt the vampires in the night. Delhi was mostly in harmony.She meets an interesting
colleague Amit who has his own ways of dealing with vampires and conveys the same to Anu.There is an Aunt who is behind her for her marriage, A typical Aunt
who plans and arranges for the families to meet up and so called “Dekha Dekhi ritual”
Soon Anu realises that in Delhi she has a very different issue to tackle, innocent children’s life is at stake due to a Tantric Head Senaka.She takes help of
Dr sharma who helps her understands the power of Tantra, mantra and also teaches her how to use the astra’s and chant the mantras.
I was very thrilled to see an indian author write about a Female oriented Vampire hunter… That was the first reason why I applied for the book review.The
cover page is very promising and tempts to read.
What was good-
– The plot where Anu first time encounters the tantric Guru Senaka with his rituals in front of the fire.This is very interesting and well explained.
– The scene between Anu and the spiritual Guru Grover where he explains her Maya, threads with the help of Tea was very interesting.
– A good explaination of the traditional concepts like Tantras and stuff which is not a common knowledge
What should have been better
– A little background about how Anu came into this profession of being a guardian for huntind down the Vampires. This is completely lacking and would have
added interest in the readers as the concept is relately new and interesting too.
– The narration should have been a little more short and crisp in most of the places. I found it was v eloborate and dragged.
– The concept of so called “Shifting” There is absolutely no explaination given to it, it would have been better if it was explained a little.
– Initially the story moves v slowly and it picks up the plot only in the later part, the reader may feel little bored and loose the intrest soon.
– Some parts are un-necessarily dragged adding pages to the book.
Overall the author has made a good try in attempting to the new areas and has done a good job.
I would rate a 3/5
This review is a part of the biggest”http://blog.blogadda.com/2011/05/04/indian-bloggers-book-reviews Book Review Program http://www.blogadda.com Indian Bloggers.Participate now to get free books!